[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Leikr forum • View topic - 19-10-2013 Software release version 1.7.15

19-10-2013 Software release version 1.7.15

Re: 19-10-2013 Software release version 1.7.15

Postby admin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 am

@Dret: I will update the contextual help on the maps page, as soon as I have a bit of time :(
However, here a short version: 1) select the area, 2) make sure that you dont exceed the max memory available 3) press "update map" 4) do you a sync on your device.
@Michael: regarding the mix of minutes and kilometers in a workout: we have a bug fix in the next release.
@Dr D. : elevation graphs are not consistent most of the time. However I recently saw some good ones. It needs to be understood beetter.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby dret » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 pm

still trying to get the map update done, with no success so far. sometime it seems to be kind of working, but it never actually does. most of the time the leikr service seems to be just down, at least as the watch sees it. the one time it seemed to work the display showed something like "2/240 0%" for a very long time, which looked like it would take forever to download anything but might actually work, but then that disappeared as well. now just getting "server down" messages again. is there some status page ambassadors can check to figure out what's going on, and when they should spend a little time trying to update their watches? thanks!
dret

Postby mml1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:18 pm

It seems that I cannot connect to Leikr, using synchronization (upper two buttons), I'm told that Wifi is connected but failed to Leikr servers, then its posting to Leikr servers and fails get map changes, then goes on to tell that synchronization was successfull to Leikr? what am I missing, also no uploads to Endomondo despite having entered email and password...

Also, no updating is taking place, its still on 1.7.12 according to menu -> settings -> about screen.

Is there any way of telling if it has a good wifi connection or why its not connecting to Leikr (or if it actually is after it says its not)?

I have managed to get maps of the local area, but are going to Athens in beginning of may and would love to have maps on the watch down there

BTW, it seems a bit overly aggressive the buzzzzz it gives of when powered on, almost dropped it the first time as I was not expecting such a roar. Also, on the cradle do the B&O (and apple) trick and put some weight in the bottom so it feels like quality and gets a firmer stand.
mml1

Postby dret » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:36 pm

hey mml1, just a recommendation: don't go for the "factory setting reset" recommended in some other thread. it will throw you back to 1.3.6 and you will still not get maps (at least that's what happened to me, so currently my leikr is pretty much unusable). it seems that leikr servers have been down for a while now, but it's hard to tell for sure, because there does not seem to be a "server status" page where you can check. well, all of this is a work in progress, but for the last couple of updates and after hoping to finally get some map coverage i can see where i am, i have spent a disproportional amount of time just to try to get things updated, and now i am back at square one. can we please get a server status update, leikr folks? thanks!
dret

Postby admin » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:00 pm

@ dret: unfortunately it sounds like you have a corruption in the file system. pleasesned a mail to leikrteam@acornprojects.dk with the title "FS corruption" nad we will tell you how to recover your watch. Apologies.
@mml1: can you please try to powercycle your watch and your router?

On a side note: after doing a restore factory setting, remember to re-transfer the .cnf file. Without that there is no connection to the Wi-Fi.
afterwards you need to do a couple of syncs to bring the watch up to date.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby dret » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:47 pm

i gave it another try and it seems that today, leikr's servers are (sort of) up again. but now the watch has been stuck displaying "3/5 73%" for the past 1.5hrs, and i am not sure how much longer i should wait until concluding that indeed something's wrong with the watch, rather than the server/connection side of things. once again, many thanks for all the help along the way, but it would be great if the update process could be made a little less adventurous. i have no issues waiting for things to complete, but very often, it's not quite clear what to do, what to wait for, and whether whatever hasn't been moving for a long time is still doing well, or simply silently died. just adding some simple status and heartbeat info usually helps quite a bit with improving UX. thanks!
dret

Postby fdrake » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Received my Leikr this week, updated to 1.7.15 and went for my first run today - together with my Polar RC3 GPS.

* Fix: (sufficiently) fast on both devices (Leikr had network access and auto-pause off)
* Track: urban, wood
* Length: 14.47km (openstreetmap), 14.35km (Polar), 16.20km (Leikr)
* No dropouts (no vibration)
* Current pace on the Leikr has often been about 1min/km faster and more "lively" than the Polar during the run (which is typically already about 10 secs too optimistic)
* Recorded track off the Leikr is a bit jaggy and less consistent

Summary: there is a distinctive gap between the two devices and (at the time of writing) Polar appears to be the one being more accurate.

Leikr: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/262216736
Polar: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/262217410
fdrake

Postby mml1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 pm

It updated after checking in on a new wifi network, just waiting to check the map tomorrow

Even uploaded to endomondo so everything looks fine now!

Charging using iPhone charger so no loss of power when computer goes to sleep
mml1

Postby Swanny » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Just received my watch and updated it to 1.7.15. Out of three runs so far, two - not unexpectedly - I've been unable to get a fix at start of run due to high buildings and the need to start running but other Garmin users were fine. Then took 3 miles whilst running before actually getting fix.

Edinburgh Parkrun. A free weekly 5K race, totally flat following path on a "lollipop" route with slight deviation onto old path near finish. Next to beach with at least a clear 180 degree visibility to horizon North and a few trees in places to the South.

Fix: 3 minutes (and held stationary with fix for 5 minutes before race start)
Autopause: on (will remember to switch off next time)
Current Pace: +- 0:30min/mile (maybe)
Distance: 3.25mile (5K = 3.10mile)
Training history: 32.9mph 6.11min/mile 3.25mile 20:06min

GPS location was off by 60m South from start until it had a bit of a correction and wander on the far loop before then tracking correct route back to finish. Conversely, GPS altitude was correctly flat for first half and then poor for second half after correction but I already know GPS altitude on most devices is generally dire. No vibrations other than mile intervals that I recall. And the training history speed is a very, very wrong.

Swanny

Postby admin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Swanny
thanks for reporting.
MPH seems quite high :)
there is probably some errors in the metric to imperial conversion
thanks for reporting!
Cris
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext