30-10-2013 Software release version 1.7.16

Re: 30-10-2013 Software release version 1.7.16

Postby admin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 am

Dear all,
unfortunately it seems that we have found a bug in the way we inject assist data in GPS module that impacts the consistency of the GPS tracking.
That leads to a big variation between good runs and very bad runs, fast GPS acquisition times and very long ones, high number of satellites locked and very low numbers.

We are working to release a bug fix ASAP.

Thank you all for reporting your experience!
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby Szadzik » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:51 am

New experience today.

Following someone's advice I power-cycled the watch prior to the workout and it got GPS fix in less than 2 minutes - very fast compared to the past experiences.
It got 6 satellites and during the run stayed between 5 and 12. The weather is miserable today with clouds everywhere, so I was really surprised. No wavering, no problems at all. Strange.

I have pre-ordered a Garmin FR620 and once I get it in a month or so will try to compare the two, but all the extra ffeaturees like reocvery time etc. make me think Leikr is not worth the price.
Szadzik

Postby mkronby » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi
First run with 1.7.16.
For me a big step backwards. I did not get a GPS fix within the first 5 min. I was running to my Spinning hour without signal. Is now in my whatch as unknown Running. Had my Spinning hour where the puls signal was unstabile. Changed to running, got a GPS quite fast and run home.
When I want to upload to Endomondo, the Watch said 4 uploads and after uploading there were only 1 training in Endomondo.
In my Watch I have 2 unknown trainings and that is my Spinning and my run to training.
That gives me the idea that it will not upload trainings without GPS data??
I need from now on to have 2 watches with me every time. Last week I lost 2 trainings with my Leikr. Not fun :evil:
mkronby

Postby admin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:30 am

Hi mkronby,
Sorry for the frustration, we are aware that the current instability in the software is really bad and we are working on fixing the bug we found.
a bit of explanation to what you have experienced.
1) long GPS acquisition: this is the bug we are fixing now. your watch got wrong assist data and the GPS got confused. It takes a long time getting a fix and when you get it you have a low number of sat. This is quite bad and a fix will be pushed ASAP.
2)pulse signal unstable: this is a surprise. As far as I recall we had just another case of bad pulse recording, and it turned out it was the belt. Are you sure you are not running low in battery on the chest strap?
3) the unknown training sessions are recorded without a time stamp but they are still uploaded. You can find them all in Endomondo dated 1st of Jan 2001 ( cant recall if it is 2000 or 2001).

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby mkronby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi Chris.

I have used a new ANT+ belt, so don't hope that this is the reason but will try with my Garmin tomorrow.

Not sure why my trainings are uploaded to January 2000/2001 :shock: that must be a bug :D

Michael
mkronby

Previous

Return to Software releases