Not charging anymore

Here you can report the issues you have had and how you solved them

Not charging anymore

Postby stylon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi,

after months of being a reliable running companion my Leikr neither turns on anymore nor charge :cry: . I went running on Friday for the last time and forgot to sync to Endomondo. Maybe I didn't turn it off, but I can't remember. Yesterday I tried to turn it on again to sync with Endomondo, but it didn't react at all. I tried to charge it, but it only vibrates, lights up the display shortly and then it's back to dead again. Same when you press the power button while in the cradle. I guess it doesn't charge anymore, because it doesn't have enough energy left on battery to boot into the charger mode (with the battery icon) and always turns off immediately, but that's just guessing.

What should I do? I hope there's a way to get it back to life.

Best,
STYLON
stylon

Re: Not charging anymore

Postby admin » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 am

Dear Stylon,
we believe that your watch has some mechanical issue that prevents it from charging.
Please check if the charging pins in your docking station are still aligned and none of them is broken.
IF that is the case, then try to put a slight pressure on the back of the watch over the golden pins, that should re-establish the connection.

Please let us know if it works, otherwise write a mail to "leikrteam@acornprojects.dk" with the title "charging problems".
thank you
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby stylon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:31 am

Hi,

I tried multiple things already: cleaned the golden pins in the cradle and the golden pads on the Leikr (all of them look ok to me) and tried again after slight pressure on the back of the watch around the golden pads (tip was in another thread). Also, the charger so far did not make any problems. As I said, the Leikr vibrates, lights up the display, then turns off again consistently when you insert it. Same happens if you then press the power button while it's in the cradle. I also tried a PC USB port as well as dedicated 1A and 2A wall-plug chargers. None of my attempts changed the current situation. Vibrates, lights up, off. In my view the whole situation started with the Leikr not turning on at all anymore after the last training session. This has never happened before.

Best,
STYLON
stylon

Postby IAMJKFIT » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:12 am

Stylon.. I had the very same issue right out of the box w my Leikr... It turned out to be the pin inside the charging base had shifted... I unscrewed the 4 tiny screws on the bottom of the charger base and adjusted the pin.. Works perfect since... thought I would share just in case .... Good luck
IAMJKFIT

Postby stylon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi IAMJKFIT,
thanks for the tip. I tried immediately, but same result. Vibrates, lights up, off. Especially because I've also connected it to wall plug USB adapters that typically only connect GND and +5V, I conclude that the Leikr gets perfect connection to at least those 2 pins. How should it notice that it's in the cradle otherwise (it reacts to it with the vibration & backlight)? For my Leikr / cradle there's also not much play when placed into the cradle. I can't provoke to vibrate and shortly light up by moving it. I either have to press the power button or reinsert it into the cradle again, then it does that exactly once. I think I've to drop the leikrteam an e-mail as I really like it now over my Garmin :-).
Best,
Stephan
stylon

Postby admin » Sun May 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Stephan, Iamjkfit,
I guess this thread is now closed.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting