Stuck in maintenance?

Here you can report the issues you have had and how you solved them

Re: Stuck in maintenance?

Postby admin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Lee,
sorry for a late reply. Did you get your mail answered now?

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby drplane » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 am

Did anyone actually figure out how to fix this? I have let my Leikr run flat. Plugged it in to charger and same problem. I have contacted Leikr but as yet have had no reply.
Thanks Daniel
drplane

Postby worjak » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Mine is also stuck in maintenance since the latest F/W upgrade. I've contacted the support and waiting anxiously for the easter holidays to end.

/Jakob
worjak

Postby ped » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:41 am

I've the same happened to mine since the last update. :-(

If there are known steps to fix this issue _please_ could Leikr post them here?
ped

Postby Swanny » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Mine did this too after an apparently successful upgrade to firmware 1.11.32. My particular sequence was the following in case it matches yours.

Started sync and firmware upgrade proceeded normally. Watch restarted with Leikr logo with two black curves (this is normal after an upgrade rather than the usual four black squares) in corners. Checked version number was correct and GPS lock achieved. Put watch on charge for a few hours before switching off and removing from dock. Wait a few days. Put watch back on charge, which switches it on to usual active screen, and left overnight before first use but in morning it's stuck on Leikr logo with four black squares. Rebooting with didn't resolve. Later after battery drain "switched" it off, didn't resolve.

Did run a 10K PB that morning without it though! :)

Full recovery procedure, most likely only needed for when watch is stuck on Leikr logo as not necessarily needed if issue is where your stuck on maintenance progress bar, is the following. Make sure to give the watch plenty of time to complete each step as the full recovery procedure will take up to 25 minutes to complete.

1) Turn off the watch by pressing key 1 and 2 (upper left and upper right key).
2) Turn on the watch by pressing and holding all 4 keys until the logo appears on the display, then immediately stop pressing the keys.

If you were unable to turn the watch off in step one, just press and hold all 4 keys until the logo disappears and reappears on the display and then immediately stop pressing the keys.

3) Immediately place the watch in the docking station and make sure that the watch is charging.
4) Choose "Recovery" on the watch.

After completing the recovery, the watch will behave as if it's brand new with a very old firmware version. You'll need to update the software to the latest version by synchronizing the watch twice. So copy your leikr_config.cnf file to the watch and start the sync. This upgraded my watch to firmware 1.6.9. You need to copy the leikr_config.cfg again before starting the second sync. This upgraded my watch to firmware 1.11.32.
Swanny

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting