[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Leikr forum • View topic - Forum Posts Being Deleted?

Forum Posts Being Deleted?

Forum Posts Being Deleted?

Postby Swanny » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:39 pm

There seems to have been a mass purge of forum posts since the recent forum "maintenance". I'm pretty sure it's happened multiple times previously but had thought it was due to forum upgrade issues. I try not to prejudge but given that all the software release posts are still present this looks like an attempt to hide the reported deficiencies of the Leikr watch rather than cack handed forum maintenance. If it is that kind of backhanded shenanigans, then Leikr as a company is worthless IMHO.

And to forestall any excuses about reports only being valid for prior firmware version, then no, most of them were still valid such as posts covering my particular annoyance against the utterly useless instant pace. Thankfully this giving thoughtful long term reviews, with which I agree on a number of points, was recent enough not to be deleted.

I do like my Leikr watch but despise cheap company tricks.

What I had just been trying to do was search for prior issues and resolutions with a software upgrade going into a constant upgrade/reboot cycle - which has just occurred with 1.10.28 forcing me to wait for the battery to die. First issue I've really had since ownership (other than poor GPS tracking at the start).
Swanny

Re: Forum Posts Being Deleted?

Postby marktop » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:43 am

I agree 100% with that!

Mark
marktop

Postby admin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 am

Dear Swanny and Marktop,
I am Cris, the guy managing the forum and behind the purging you have seen.
Firstly let me say that I am sorry to see that what I did has really annoyed you and caused mistrust in our Company.
I do purge the forum in the attempt of keeping its contents aligned with the latest software releases: I do the purging based on time since the last post added to the thread, usually going back at least a couple of software releases.
To be more clear on the logic I use:
If the thread is kept alive by recent posts then it does not get purged, if the thread has been inactive for more than 2 software releases then it gets purged.
By doing so, I delete posts reporting issues that have not been commented on for a while as well as posts with kudos and words of appreciation for our achievements (usually these posts are not followed up by other users).

Perhaps there are better ways to do the job, I am very open to suggestions on how to improve the handling old posts.

Looking forward to your comments.
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby Swanny » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I'd say it's a bit too aggressive but your honesty is very welcome as a non-deliberate act a la certain large companies. And to repeat, I do like my Leikr! You can get a similar non-destructive effect by defaulting to only showing the last six months posts rather than all topics in a forum (except for the software release forum).

Two pinned topics with a list of feature requests and bugs including those resolved would cover most users repeated requests and queries (and wouldn't be something on your website anyway). Something similar to the Kobo firmware bug thread . Unfortunately, this forum isn't set to allow editing of posts (not a purged ) otherwise I'd maintain it myself - as to be useful you need to keep it updated in the topics first post.

Post editing is definitely supported in your phpBB 3.011 version and there are also a variety of anti-spam measures you can use too given the latest spam attack. :)
Swanny

Postby admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:02 pm

We do not know Runningahead, we will look at it first
thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous