Automatic update

Automatic update

Postby John(DK) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:47 am

Just got my Leikr here on friday, after registration and downloading the file on the Leikr device, I tried to activate the watch on bottom 1 og 4. Nothing happens - I've now tried this for several times, and can't get the Leikr to update the SW or to turn on. What can I do now? My computer is a MacBook Pro - is there a problem with this type of computer? Best regards John
John(DK)

Re: Automatic update

Postby VeliT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 am

Hey John...

I think you have to upload the "WIFI Files/Settings" from "Configure your own Leikr".. I have observed that the wifi file deletes itself after syncing with Wifi through button 1 and 4 (the left buttons)...
VeliT

Postby John(DK) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am

Just tried ones again, deleted the old versions off the "leikr_config.cnf" and uploaded it from the side "Configure your own Leikr". Didn't help!
John(DK)

Postby Calc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Make sure to properly unmount your watch before you pull the plug.
Calc

Postby John(DK) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey - Just tried from the start with another PC - without luck. After downloading til config file and pressing the buttoms, I don't get any reaction from the device. I'm really dont't know what to do next! Can there be a problem with the Leikr from the start? BR John
John(DK)

Postby admin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 pm

HI John,
the first time registration of the watch seem to be quite stable and bug free, so I dont think there is any issue with your device.
Please read the following tutorial: http://leikr.com/support/tutorials/

have you done all the steps described?
please let me know if you succeed
thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby John(DK) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey - I've now followed the instructions. I didn't create a new registration. I can download the config file, save it on the drive, but then I try to press the to keys on the Leikr Watch - still nothing happens. No reaction from the Watch, I can only see the Leikr logo on the screen. BR John
John(DK)

Postby admin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:05 pm

John,
I guess it is best if we have a call and I try to guide you through the steps.
can you please write me a mail on Leikrteam@acornprojects.dk, tytle "support for registration". I am pretty confident we can figure out what the problem is.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby John(DK) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:29 am

At first - thanks for helping to get the Leikr running.
Have now tried it in running-, walking- and MTB-mode. As we were talking about on the phone, it would be helpfull if the device dont registrate the GPS movements when you are standing still, it constantainly vibrates in intervals of 5-10 sek. properly using power. I've tried to turn off the vibration, but still in "Off mode" the Watch is vibrating.
I've meassured the same difference in distance as others users between the Garmin 310 HRM and the Leikr - about 4-5 % plus for the Leikr.
Another problem I've observed, is that the Watch is loosing power over a few days without using it - here from sunday til thursday. I'll test this problem over the next weeks to be sure.
I've used the Leikr with the HRM belt from Garmin without problems. But when trying to use the Leikr with a SUUNTO Dual belt with ANT+ the Leikr can't find it - Can you help here?
I've observed that it's necessary to reconnect with the Garmin HRM belt after the Leikr has been turned off - Is this correct?
BR John
John(DK)

Postby admin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:24 am

Hi John
thanks for your feedback.
regarding HR belts: we havnet tried the SUUNTO dual belt yet. Being ANT+ I don't see why it should not work. May be some other users can help?

Yes every time you turn on the device you need to reconnect the HR monitor. It is pretty easy to do it: it is enough to press the two keys on the side where
you have the Leikr logo on the window.

thanks!
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Software releases