STICKY: Read First

STICKY: Read First

Postby admin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:50 am

Based on the current HW design and configuration (processor, display, GPS, battery) the battery life theoretical limit is close to 24 hrs.
The power optimization is based on 'dynamic frequency control'. If high performance is needed for calculations and graphics the processor runs up to 500 MHz. When only data recording and minimal visual updates are needed the processor runs as low as 5 MHz. For idle time between receptions of GPS data and sensor data the processor can be put in to a sleep mode where only the real time clock is running at a modest 32KHz.
We will enhance the power optimization schemes over time through our SW updates. There is no need for any hardware updates, therefore the current Leikr watches should be able to reach the target battery
The Leikr watch has now a battery life of approximately 5 hours.
admin
Site Admin

Re: STICKY: Read First

Postby SigTill » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:15 pm

What is the expected lifetime of the battery before it needs a replacement, and will it be possible to ship the device to you for a new battery?
Greetings from
Sigbjørn Herstad
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sherstad
SigTill

Postby pmakam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Same here, I am also not too concerned on the delivery date. If I could get a bug free watch wit ipx 8, I would love that, even with some delays in delivery...
pmakam

Postby jtobon » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for this post. My battery life has not reached 5 hours. It's typically around 3-3.5 hours. Last week, I ran for less than 3 hours, and the watch died partway through my race. I'm wondering when the SW update is happening. I'm running a marathon in less than a month and hope to use my watch, and not have it die partway through. Could you let us know a timeline?
Thanks
jtobon

Postby F0UR1ER » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi!
I have used many GPS enabled wrist watches and all of them had more than 5 hours of continuous usage.
IMHO you have a customizable powerful hardware underneath but the software really needs numerous more customization.
1) For example an option to switch off GPS and use this as daily watch. Why not I love it.
2) An option to make the GPS more coarser like logging every 2 or 5 seconds.
3) An option to switch off vibration, wifi completely.
4) Just simple watch menu for day today usage.
5) While logging activity one can maybe just want to log GPS coordinates without showing where one is on the map.
Can we expect these changes in near future?
F0UR1ER

Postby admin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:57 am

Dear FOUR1ER,
you r observations are right.
We have a powerful platform and we plan to deliver SW packages to improve the user experience.
your input is noted.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby cwiggins » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:24 pm

I love all those batter-saving feature suggestions and would like to add one: I don't need to see ANYTHING on the display while I'm actively riding. It could be off, and only woken up when I want to check distance or the map.

So far I love this watch.
cwiggins

Postby Ashade » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:58 am

^ +1
Ashade

Return to Battery life