[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Leikr forum • View topic - 08-11-2013 Software release version 1.7.17

08-11-2013 Software release version 1.7.17

Re: 08-11-2013 Software release version 1.7.17

Postby Gallodoro » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 am

With the new software update I had the most stable run so far. Leikr, iPhone and my Forerunner were pretty much in sync for the entire run.
It seems that Leikr tends to jump with the pace when I run next to buildings. The first kilometer, Leikr was ahead 150m. then I reached wide open spaces at a river and all devices showed pretty much the same distance for 11km. On the last kilometer( again buildings), Leikr was again ahead 100 meter despite a lock to 10 satellites.

One issue is still the same. Switching from menu to map view while recording a workout, it still takes a very long time (30seconds +) to show the correct position on the map.

But after all, that update made a huge difference. It showed that you guys are on the right track.

Cheers
cornelius
Gallodoro

Postby Claus Fjelde » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi

I have done the SW update 1.7.17 and it is working getting Fix in less than 1 min. and i was even inside - wauu
have a run this moring and after the run I want to sync i get this message
"-no wifi config on the Watch please go to Leikr web portal ans Down load a file with your Wifi access point. place this file on the leikr usb drive and restart sync."

I have done this but still not working getting the same message - what to do ?

Claus
Claus Fjelde

Postby Ra88 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 am

I feel strange reading all this happy informations. I tried 1.7.17 today, ale TTFF took about 15 minutes and it found 4 satelites. Then I turned off Leikr by accident (trying to push Start button) and after another restart and another 5 minutes it found 6 satelites. All was happening on the outskirts of the city with no high buildings. My Nike/TomTom watch TTFF was 10 sec. I was biking.
I think the problem is that I can't get assist data even when waiting half an hour and restarting many times. Since upgrading to 1.7.17 I haven't seen clock near battery level. Since there is no problem with synchronizing I think it's not a problem with my Wi-Fi.
Ra88

Postby admin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:33 am

@Claus: it souds like your latest SW update corruped your watch, Please Claus send us a mail to leikrteam@acornprojects.dk and we will support you. Sorry for the inconvinience.
@Ra88: your case is a bit difficult. it sounds like the watch still had some bad assist data. Can you try again to turn watch off and on witing range of hte wi-fi and see if now it behaves as it should?
We seem to have a bug and the watch is not always shown when in range of a wi-fi
thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby Claus Fjelde » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Chris
I have been trying aain this mornig and now it is working :) looking forward to my NeXT run Thursday morning after reading all the happy Words here
i get GPS fix in less than 1 min and even inside my house it is fixing 9 satt.
great Work i will report after my run

Claus
Claus Fjelde

Postby Ra88 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Cris,
I have happy informations. I left my watch yesterday in range of Wi-Fi for 2-3 hours until battery was empty - still no clock near battery icon. Today I've put it in charger and after 2 minutes Leikr started to vibrate. It occured that watch is getting and loosing fix (4-5 satelites) in seconds interval. The best part of it is that watch was lying inside, near the front wall (not window) but there are two floors above my flat. Of course clock was where it should be.
I don't know what was the problem. Watch was lying turned on near Wi-Fi for hours, I've restarted it many times. But now I'm happy that it started working and I think I'll find time tomorrow to test it in the field.
Ra88

Postby jedjunk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:58 am

Both accuracy and TTFF are much improved

Accuracy: in the open it is as accurate as my Nike GPS. But in an urban environment with 4+ story buildings it still "jumps" jumps around - I typically gain 0.1 miles when I go around a certain corner on one of my runs

TTFF: can be quite quick but it will fix on 4 satellites, then bounce around between 0 -5 satellites for a minute or two before finally stabilizing and keeping a fix
jedjunk

Postby pedronav » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:32 am

pedronav

Postby Martin Hammer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:17 am

Another run with my Forerunner 305 and the Leikr.

Forerunner 305:
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/268340999/1443163 - 7,08km

Leikr 1.7.17:
http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/268341302/1443163 - 7,41km

This time a had to power cycle the watch app. 10 times to get the clock displayed at the bottom of the screen and the GPS sat icon flashing. I had several attempts where the GPS sat icon just not showed up...

TTFF was again very fast and the watch locked 10/11 satellites immediately!

Speed/distance/tracking seems accurate in the open but as soon as I got close to buildings the Leikr started jumping around (around 5% longer distance).
Martin Hammer

Postby admin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 pm

@Martin:
thanks for your report.
Regarding missing icon/time: we have notice that in rare occasions the icon and clock don't show despite the fact that the GPS is scanning. It is a UI issue/bug. Next time try to go into a Menu and see if the icon/time appear.
@Pedro: thanks for the feedback, glad to hear you find the maps useful. Regarding auto pause: next time you have auto pause on and stop during your training, please take a look at the screen and see if the pace goes to zero. Auto pause is quite stable and the feature should be bug free.
Please let us know
thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Software releases