Used unit - trouble updating map / user

Here you can report the issues you have had and how you solved them

Used unit - trouble updating map / user

Postby kjib » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 pm

I've just bought a "new" Leikr on eBay but it's obviously been used.
I've followed the initial registration for name, Wifi etc. which seemed to go OK.
I then tried to select the map area I want and press the update button which completes instantly (instead of the X hours it says).
I try pressing the 2 left buttons and it asks if I'm Mac McArthur. I've answered no to this, it should know who I am from the above initial step anyway. Saying no at this point just gives me the unit ID number.
What do I need to do to get the device set up properly and to upload maps to it properly please?
kjib

Re: Used unit - trouble updating map / user

Postby Swanny » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:17 am

Just to check, you did put the device ID (which was the ID shown and can be rechecked via Menu->Settings->About on watch) in the portals Account and Connectivity settings?
Swanny

Postby kjib » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:58 am

Yes, I have the correct device ID (checked again on both the watch and my Leikr account following your message) but still no map update and the watch still asks me if I'm Mac McArthur!

How do I fix this please?
kjib

Postby kjib » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:25 am

Fixed: The person I bought the unit from simply had to delete the device from their account so that I could then update the watch with my settings.
kjib

Return to Troubleshooting