[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Leikr forum • View topic - suggestions

suggestions

suggestions

Postby Sebastian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am

Dear all,
at first I would like to congratulate you to the super product. I use it regularly and am very satisfied with it.
In spite of that there are a few ideas of my side.

- Can you publish a schedule with the planned functions and the current state with steadily updates.
- It would be desirable if the timer displayed the heart frequency in percent with reference to the maximum heart frequency.
- At the workout editor it would be beautiful, when can choose a distance to a time. Just the same, to select a warm up and underrun phase
- Since I use Starva I have noticed a different between the calculated calories from the watch and Strava. Which value is here correct?

Greeting Sebastian
Sebastian

Re: suggestions

Postby ondra » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm impressed. Chapeau!

A shy suggestion/wish for the next HW version: increase the DPI from 200 to 250 but keep the number of pixels. If in the second version it was possible to pack the intestines in a smaller volume, this would let the rectangle loose some 20% in width and a lot more of its 'mass' (-36%) and it would become more acceptable to be worn as a normal watch.
ondra

Postby admin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks guys for all the suggestions,
We appreciate all input and we love kudos.

thanks!
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby redlace » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Very much enjoying Leikr, especially with the recent software update to 1.8.23. Most everything is "good enough" and some things are stellar. Some recommendations for more greatness:
Track up v. North up: Allow me to set the map so that it rotates to "track up" orientation. Right now, north is always at the top of the screen. This can be confusing when following a route. Much better to let the map rotate around so that - whatever direction I am moving - the track direction is at the top of the screen.
Workout editor (online) is still exceedingly basic. Would still like to see the ability to set up multiple iterations of similar segments (reference the 10-20-30 workout I mentioned in an earlier thread). So basically add a multiplier for the number of times I should perform each segment of the workout, and add the ability to organize a block of instructions within another segment For example:
8 minute warm up
3 x the following segment
>>5 x the following intervals
>>>10 seconds, fast
>>>20 seconds, medium
>>>30 seconds, slow
>>2 minutes rest
8 minute cool down

Potentially, this is 50 lines of command, and not possible with the current editor. Even doing it partially, to the limit of lines in the editor, is unwieldy.

Setting up workouts like this (with routines and sub-routines) simpilfies both creating and changing them. Change the number of segments = change one line. Change the number of intervals = change one line. Change the time value or speed of the intervals = change 1, 2 or 3 lines.
As it is now, there is no way to make this workout in the editor except to make it as several different workout legs: the warm up, the intervals, and the cool down. Even then, I would have to restart the interval set as many times as I want to complete it (3, 4, 5, etc). I would be left with several workouts, and would be forced to stop and fiddle with Leikr for each leg of the workout. Unlike Leikr itself, this is not a very elegant solution.

Thanks for listening. Really, if these are my only complaints / desires, I guess you're doing pretty well.
redlace

Postby ondra » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi,
one suggestion for the maps: let us move the map. (Ex: when being in the map mode > one long press of a given button > buttons allow to move in 4 directions > any long press back to normal operation). This would be great to explore the surrounding to pick a path or other detail not represented in a zoomed-out level.
Greets, Ondra
ondra

Postby redlace » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 pm

+1 !!!
redlace

Postby Hanna2014 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Hello, everybody!thank you for maps a lot! But can you suggest me in my situation. I have one , do I need an update for it? :D
Hanna2014

Postby mapboy » Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm

The Leikr website could use some updates, including "verify connection" features in certain sections. For example, if I clicked "verify connection" in the MapMyFItness section of the Leikr website, a short run (0.1 mile) should could get logged in MapMyFitness account. Ideally, this would show some diagnostics, like connecting, authenticating as <username>, connected, logging, successful completion -or- connecting, authenticating, Error authenticating: <error message>. A verify connection feature would be useful for Devices (some way to verify that the Leikr website can communicate w/ Watch & Vice versa), Endomondo, Strava, MapMyFitness.

Eventually it would be cool to access some of the stat's from the watch on the Leikr website too.
mapboy

Postby admin » Sun May 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Mapboy,
thank you for the suggestions. please keep sending.
creating a dashboard on www.leikr.com with stats is definitely interesting, however we have still a lot of software to deliver before we can consider it.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby tsh » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:17 pm

A battery-save mode for hiking would be great - maybe reduce the frequency of GPS polling and map updates. For following a route, this is great, but half the walk I end up with the watch on charge (can't risk using the last 15%) which is kind of awkward.
tsh

Return to Miscellaneous