Leikr why don't you give what you promised

Leikr why don't you give what you promised

Postby runeod » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:32 pm

I was a very happy customer up until now.

When I got the watch back in November, I was telling all my friends about this amazing watch. Updates all the time.
BUT you promised that you would in near future give the following features to the watch:

1 - Customable screen
2 - Have the map show the heading up, instead of north.
3 - better battery life
4 - Better GPS accuracy and lock time

Later you promised a training program.

The GPS accuracy is better, but I still have problems from time to time with locking the satellites. The other 4 features, still haven't been released. I know you done things like foot pod, cadance - but I'm not using these stuff.

I bought the watch for my run, and the 4-5 features are really significant for me.

Can you give me a time horizon for this (I've now been waiting 8 months) or instead my money back?`

/Rune
runeod

Re: Leikr why don't you give what you promised

Postby admin » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:03 pm

Dear Rune,
I understand your frustration and disappointment for not having so far received updates on the 4 critical areas you report below.
We are working full steam to deliver new software updates with significant features for our users; during the last months we have overtaken some unexpected challenges that have shifted our priorities temporarely.
the 4 points you mention are still high priority and we are still working on them, but honestly we cannot really commit to a deadline.
I hope you still see your Leikr Watch as an innovative product and bear with us for a while more.

Best
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby ondra » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi,

let me add to Rune's comment on the map orientation that map panning is a vital feature: i know where i am so no need to showing what is around (this is how the map works now). Instead, panning should allow to move the map to see where i'm heading or to choose the route.

Regards,
Ondra
ondra

Postby admin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:19 am

Dear Ondra,
interesting point
We have added some zoom levels for the sake of "looking ahead" but, of course, by zooming we loose resolution.
Panning is easier with a touch device: we consciously decided not to add touch as it is not really compatible with sweaty fingers and rough conditions while practicing sports.
4 keys operations for panning is not trivial, we will think about it.
thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby Alx » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi, I guess the function of navigation in the map view could easily be implemented as the map viewing function exists.

Proposal :
While in the map VIEW I suggest a long press on the MENU button to enter a Panning mode : button 1 to 4 could offer to move (scroll) the view of the map from N-W to N-E through S-W and S-E (because of the configuration of the button we cannot have N/S/E/W intuitively).
scroll should be like a 1/4 of the screen at a time.
a long press on button 2 could exit the Panning mode back to the actual configuration of the buttons. keep light on while scrolling and button pressing.
place the ZOOM IN and ZOOM OUT functions under long press for button 1 and upper right.

sorry for my English.

Alex
Paris, France
Alx

Return to Miscellaneous