Charging while tracking

Charging while tracking

Postby daveyrand » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Firstly, got to say I am loving my Leikr experience so far. The ability to quickly check where I am on a map, in particular, is thing of beauty!

My only slight issue at the moment is with the battery life. I know it's been promised that firmware updates are going to extend the life from the current ~5 hours. However, I do occasionally do 100 mile plus rides, and I'm simply not fit enough to complete them in less than five hours!

As an interim solution, do you know if it would be possible for me to give the watch a charge with a USB battery pack? My thinking is that I can start the ride with the Leikr on my wrist (to stop those killer early bursts of pace) and then then, when it gets down to one bar, hook it up to a battery pack and put it in my rucksack for the rest of the ride.

Is that possible? Otherwise, I'm probably going to have to run Endomondo on my Nexus 5 as a backup.
daveyrand

Re: Charging while tracking

Postby tsh » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Yes, its possible to charge from a portable USB whilst logging. I did this for a couple of longish hikes (5h) over a weekend. I guess it needs to be on charge maybe 1/4 of the time, maybe a bit more.
tsh

Postby daveyrand » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 pm

Great! Thanks for the info tsh.
daveyrand

Postby daveyrand » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:38 am

Hi choofieblankets. What lights are you referring to?

ADMIN EDIT: Was a random spammer using website links in signature.
daveyrand

Return to Battery life