[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Leikr forum • View topic - I don't really want a watch

I don't really want a watch

I don't really want a watch

Postby ScubaMike » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:37 pm

I want a music player with GPS and running functionality. I think many other people do too.

Why does it have to be a watch? We put mp3 players in our pockets and strap them with armbands. I don't see much value add in making these 'watches'. I have a watch. It just needs to tell time. If you want to 'bluetooth' my GPS pace up to it then fine, I'll take it.
I've been running with my GoGear in my pocket for years. I have some nice free apps for my phone, except my phone is too big. I just want a functional music player with the running apps on it. I'll figure out where to put it, and I can look at the data when I'm done.

I think connecting to a simply watch display keeps the package small and allows you to use it as a 'watch' even when you're not running.
I also use headphones for music. Swinging my arm with a chord attached doesn't make sense, and wireless headphones don't have the same sound. I understand what I'm saying isn't for everyone. However, if you use your product and sell one without the band I'd be more likely to buy it.

Thanks.
ScubaMike

Re: I don't really want a watch

Postby Szadzik » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 pm

I and many other, I am sure, want a watch for the ability to look at it and instantly view stas like HR, pace etc. If you are not interested in those stats, do not get a Leikr.
Szadzik

Postby Blackcat345 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:03 am

I think the biggest problem with the GPS (in)accuracy, is that the altitude measurements are way off. On pretty much all my runs, it says that I have run several hundred meters in altitude meters alone. This would explain why the Leikr distance is always longer than the "real" distance (at least according to my tests).
We are the leading the world in providing best and solutions. Our incredible offers for and gedare accessible at
Blackcat345

Postby admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Scubamike,
elevation change are not very accurate on GPS readings in general nad our current implementation is not best in class.
However GPS distance in not calculated on the actual distance covered but on the projected distance on the earth surface.

thanks
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Return to Personalization of the active screen