My watch stopped charging

My watch stopped charging

Postby andersfrey » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:22 pm

My watch is not charging anymore. If I plug it in a PC, the PC displays the message 'USB-device not recognized' - so I guess the mechanical connection is ok?

When plugging it directly to an AC-charger there is no reaction from the watch.
andersfrey

Re: My watch stopped charging

Postby andersfrey » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Hey guys are you in here? Maybe taking an early summer break?
andersfrey

Postby admin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:01 am

Hi Anders,
I guess one of us already replied to a mail from you on the same topic sent to leikrteam@acornprojects.dk, however if not I will recap it here (and if we did not answer already apologies for the late reply).
It does seems that you have a mechanical disconnection we have seen before, somehow some glue debris might have gotten stuck under the charging pads.

In order to resolve the issue it should be enough to put some gentle pressure on the back of hte watch in the area over the 4 golden pads.

thanks!
Cris
admin
Site Admin

Postby andersfrey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Chris,

Thank you for replying - nice to see that the forum is back online. I still haven't received a reply to my emails, but no matter - the important things is that we've made contact :)

I've tried applying pressure in various ways and with varying force. At first it did feel like a loose connection but I could never find a reliable charging position and pretty soon the connection failed constantly, so now the watch is totally discharged and neither power outlet nor USB charging can get through to it no matter how I apply pressure.

I really hope that we can get the watch up and running before week 27 as I would be very sad if I have to do without it during my summer break.

Best Regards,

A
andersfrey

Postby andersfrey » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 am

Just came back from the summer holidays and want to wrap this up. I got an email conversation going with Leikr and we agreed to send the watch in for a repair. About a week later I received a brand new watch which I haven't had time to test yet, but seems to be working ok. (The initial setup went without problems and it seems to be charging fine).

Nice work Leikr!

:) - Anders
andersfrey

Return to Battery life