[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Leikr forum • View topic - Leikr plans?

Leikr plans?

Leikr plans?

Postby kennethbrun » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:12 pm

Activity has completely vanished. Browsing LinkedIn it seems that most Leikr employess have found other challenges.

So I guess we wont see any updates in future?

Any employees left? Anyone who knows the situation?

I don't use my watch much - it never really worked as smooth as I had hoped. Anyway, I could probably amuse myself by trying to hack it myself - obviously that would require access to the firmware code. Would that be possible? Assuming the company has dissolved, wouldnt it make sense to publish the details? And give the backers an opportunity to finish the parts you never did yourself?

Best regards,
Kenneth
kennethbrun

Re: Leikr plans?

Postby pedronav » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:20 pm

+1 to giving devs access.

An official annoucement would be welcome, and I think the backers deserve that.
pedronav

Postby Swanny » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:23 pm

I was (or rather still am) volunteering doing spam filtering for this forum and my contact was Cris. I've previously chased for responses to forum posts but he'd simply been too busy last time. The last admin post is still 27th March. Given the product rename on website to Leikr-1 I'd assume they're developing Leikr-2. I'll try pinging them again.

I personally only really use it (though this'd apply to any GPS watch) for races these days but the poor current pace data has always been disappointing.
Swanny

Postby kennethbrun » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:29 am

Hi Swanny,

I'll be VERY surprised if we will ever see Leikr-2. From the absense of any kind of activity, I'd guess Leikr is completely dead.

If you get any response, let us know :)

Best regards,
Kenneth
kennethbrun

Postby mkhansen » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:43 pm

I noticed the name change on the website as well, and am still hoping for new development!
mkhansen

Postby kennethbrun » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:24 am

kennethbrun

Postby Ashade » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:28 am

Moving to Garmin for sure. If these guys still have some decency, they would release the code and tools so this becomes an open source project. Pure embarrassment for this company already.
Ashade

Postby Kiske » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:21 am

I really wanted them to succeed but yeah, this place surely looks deserted now.
Dunno how long the watch will work with the different site API's, support seems to have gone to /dev/null.

Sad as i got a completly new unboxed unit due to warranty claim, i never bothered to unpack and use it.

Leikr, if you are traversing the way of the dodo at least open up the software if possible.
---------
//Jonas
Running electronics engineer.
Kiske

Postby pdm » Wed May 18, 2016 11:59 am

I really like the watch and looking for a second one for my wife.
pdm

Postby kennethbrun » Sun May 22, 2016 7:09 pm

kennethbrun

Next

Return to Miscellaneous